This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn practical tools for engaging and challenging your students.
- Discover discipline skills that are kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- Bring more value, challenge and connection into your classroom and school.
- Run effective class meetings that teach students how to collaborate and problem solve.
- Learn how to use the materials and activities in your classroom, with co-workers and in individual work with families
*Currently looking for organizations willing to host public workshops in exchange for discounted registration (restrictions apply). Suitable locations will be able to provide 1) a large training space with room for 30 people 2) tables and chairs 3) be available for two consecutive days from 8am-6pm 4) have parking for participants 5) provide light refreshments.
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. This program also is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).