Are you looking for Positive Discipline Parent and Child Preschool Education?
Almaden Parents Pre School is an official Positive Discipline Lab School where you will find:
- Developmentally appropriate play based preschool classes for young children
- Weekly Positive Discipline parent education classes (with yours truly)
- Experienced Positive Discipline Certified teachers
- Engagement opportunities for parents and children that encourage belonging and significance
- Multiple class sessions being offered online during the 2020-21 school year
Join us in this distance learning year no matter where you are in the world.
For more information: WWW.APPSONLINE.ORG
NOW OFFERING ONLINE CLASSES VIA ZOOM
Would you like to bring a fun and interactive adult education presentation to your school? Presentations can be tailored to the needs of your group:
- Back to School Encouragement - Tools You Can Use
- Parenting Preschoolers with Positive Discipline
- Kind and Firm Parenting and Finding Your Balance
- Creating Routines that Work
- Taming the Teen Years
- Your Personality and How it Affects Theirs
Professional development training designed for teachers, administrators, counselors and school staff, at your site and tailored to your needs
The Positive Discipline in the Classroom program weaves the teaching of social-emotional skills and character development into the fabric of each and every school day. Positive Discipline can literally be considered the glue and structure that holds everything together in a school community – academic education, family, community involvement, wellness, etc. Without strong social and emotional skills and character education, children are not able to self-regulate, process information well and often misbehave when they cannot find their sense of belonging and significance. For teachers, administrators and staff, until you are able to address the root causes and apply it with the latest research on brain and child development, the pressures of working in education can often weigh you down. Regular professional development is a necessity to deep and lasting positive change in your school's culture and climate. Training that is tailored to your specific needs can empower you with knowledge and skills on:
- The latest brain research and how you can teach skills for higher level learning and engagement.
- Understanding the root causes of discouragement that lead to ongoing misbehaviors from some students and how to positively teach skills for improved behavior
- Understanding your personal teaching style and what that draws forth from others.
- Learning how to facilitate activities for students and parents so that there is a common language within your school and classroom community.
- The Teachers Helping Teachers Problem Solving process for further collaboration with co-workers for ongoing support and encouragement.
For years school personnel have looked for effective methods to handle discipline in the classroom. Positive Discipline in the Classroom, the widely-used child guidance model by Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott, is a process that involves teachers and students in true dialogue and problem-solving on issues that are of real and practical concern to them. The Positive Discipline Association has updated training materials, follow up support and connection to others worldwide who are using these respectful teaching methods.
Parenting Teens with Positive Discipline Audio Summit
by Joyful Courage with host Casey O'Roarty
Hey Parents! Are you currently raising a teenager? Then check this out – I am thrilled to be a part of the Parenting Teens with Positive Discipline Audio Summit. 5 days, 15 interviews, and a lifetime of wisdom. If you are interested in listening to real, honest conversations about the messiness of parenting during this wild time, this is for you.
For more information and to register go to: Joyful Courage