Become a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator
This interactive training workshop is designed for teachers, administrators, school staff, paraprofessionals, counselors, therapists and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors in classroom and school settings. Successful participants will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Classroom Educator. Fee includes online materials: Positive Discipline in the Classroom, Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitator Manual and Positive Discipline Tool Cards for Teachers.
Workshop participants will:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
13 Continuing Education Credit Hours
NOW ONLINE WITH FACILITATION AND GROUP SUPPORT
6 - live online sessions
Monday and Wednesday Evenings
4:00-6:30pm Pacific Time on October 25, 27, November 1, 3, 8, 10, 2021
Early Bird Discount until 9/25/21: $399
Regular Registration: $450
Group Discount: $50 off per person for four (4) or more registering together
Price includes online materials: Positive Discipline in the Classroom book, Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Facilitators Manual and Positive Discipline Teacher Tool Cards
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support develpment and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
6 ONLINE TRAINING Sessions
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
January 31, February 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 2022
8:30 - 11:30 am Pacific Time
Materials Included: Positive Discipline for Preschoolers Book, Early Childhood Educators Facilitator Manual and a 1 year membership to the Positive Discipline Association
Participants in the United States will have the hard copy materials shipped to them directly. Participants outside the U.S. will receive a digital materials or can pay additional shipping costs.
Early Registration before 12/31/21: $399 per person
Regular Registration: $450 per person on January 1, 2022
Group discount: 4 or more registering together take $50 off the fee.
Professional development training designed for teachers, administrators and school staff, availble online or at your site and tailored to your needs
The Positive Discipline in the Classroom program weaves the teaching of social-emotional skills and character development into the fabric of each and every school day. Positive Discipline can literally be considered the glue and structure that holds everything together in a school community – academic education, family, community involvement, wellness, etc. Without strong social and emotional skills and character education, children are not able to self-regulate, process information well and often misbehave when they cannot find their sense of belonging and significance. For teachers, administrators and staff, until you are able to address the root causes and apply it with the latest research on brain and child development, the pressures of working in education can often weigh you down. Regular professional development is a necessity to deep and lasting positive change in your school's culture and climate. Training that is tailored to your specific needs can empower you with knowledge and skills on:
- The latest brain research and how you can teach skills for higher level learning and engagement.
- Understanding the root causes of discouragement that lead to ongoing misbehaviors from some students and how to positively teach skills for improved behavior
- Understanding your personal teaching style and what that draws forth from others.
- Learning how to facilitate activities for students and parents so that there is a common language within your school and classroom community.
- The Teachers Helping Teachers Problem Solving process for further collaboration with co-workers for ongoing support and encouragement.
NOW OFFERING ONLINE CLASSES VIA ZOOM
Would you like to bring a fun and interactive adult education presentation to your school? Presentations can be tailored to the needs of your group:
- Back to School Encouragement - Tools You Can Use
- Parenting Preschoolers with Positive Discipline
- Kind and Firm Parenting and Finding Your Balance
- Creating Routines that Work
- Taming the Teen Years
- Your Personality and How it Affects Theirs
Are you looking for Positive Discipline Parent and Child Preschool Education?
Almaden Parents Pre School is an official Positive Discipline Lab School where you will find:
- Developmentally appropriate play based preschool classes for young children
- Positive Discipline parent education classes
- Experienced Positive Discipline Certified teachers
- Engagement opportunities for parents and children that encourage belonging and significance
- In-class coaching for parents in this parent education lab setting.
Regular positive discipline parent education is included as part of this wonderful program designed for families with young children where everyone can play, learn and grow together.
Applications now available for the 2021-2022 school year with in-person learning.
For more information: WWW.APPSONLINE.ORG
Ideal for parents, caregivers and others who are familiar with the basics of Positive Discipline either through a presentation, class or book and would like more specific guidance to implement positive changes to solve challenges. Through the lens of Positive Discipline, challenges and misbehaviors are related to the need for belonging and significance. After coaching participants better understand how to implement the concepts in real life, they can apply that knowledge to benefit other relationships and continue to improve their family dynamics independently.
1. Introductions and identification of challenges and goals
2. Explore beliefs behind the behavior and focus on solutions to try
3. Follow up and refinement of implementation progress
4. Follow up, refinement and encouragement toward continued progress
"We can change our whole life and the attitude of people around us simply by changing ourselves"