Professional development training designed for teachers, administrators and school staff, availble online or at your site and tailored to your needs
The Positive Discipline in the Classroom program weaves the teaching of social-emotional skills and character development into the fabric of each and every school day. Positive Discipline can literally be considered the glue and structure that holds everything together in a school community – academic education, family, community involvement, wellness, etc. Without strong social and emotional skills and character education, children are not able to self-regulate, process information well and often misbehave when they cannot find their sense of belonging and significance. For teachers, administrators and staff, until you are able to address the root causes and apply it with the latest research on brain and child development, the pressures of working in education can often weigh you down. Regular professional development is a necessity to deep and lasting positive change in your school's culture and climate. Training that is tailored to your specific needs can empower you with knowledge and skills on:
- The latest brain research and how you can teach skills for higher level learning and engagement.
- Understanding the root causes of discouragement that lead to ongoing misbehaviors from some students and how to positively teach skills for improved behavior
- Understanding your personal teaching style and what that draws forth from others.
- Learning how to facilitate activities for students and parents so that there is a common language within your school and classroom community.
- The Teachers Helping Teachers Problem Solving process for further collaboration with co-workers for ongoing support and encouragement.