Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting.
Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support develpment and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
-Includes Early Childhood Educators manual and Positive Discipline for Preschoolers book